The series of seminars for the empowerment of employees in Municipalities, which was organized in collaboration with the mental health unit for migrants “Babel Day Center” in the framework of the action of the Cities Network for Integration (CNI), was successfully completed.
From April to December 2021, 240 professionals participated in at least one of the seven seminars. The participants are employed in social services and programs of 12 Municipalities – members of the CNI and work with asylum seekers and refugees. More specifically, the mental health unit for migrants “Babel Day Center” implemented seminars with an experiential approach, with the aim of enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of staff members, on topics related to the psychosocial dimensions of the refugee condition.
“Education is a form of support and care. We know very well that in order to be able to take care, someone must take care of us!”,
says Nikos Gionakis, Babel’s Scientific Associate.
1. Mental health first aid
2. Basic psychosocial skills for Covid-19 pandemic workers
3. Psychosocial dimensions of the refugee treaty – from reception to integration
4. Managing school challenges / including refugee children in the school context
5. Psychosocial approach of unaccompanied minors residing in accommodation structures. Managing the challenges of everyday life
6. Collaboration of language facilitators / interpreters with other professionals
7. To take care of, take care of and allow myself to be taken care of: Supporting employees in the field